Join Juan Cajandig, PRISM Senior Risk Control Specialist, CSP, CFPS, MAS, ARM for the first of this two part PRISM Risk Control Training: Confined Space Entry
The second session will be held Thursday, November 4, 2021 from 9:00am - 10:30 am. Please register for both events. Zoom sign on Credentials will be sent one week prior to each event.
Part 1: Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Part 2: Thursday, November 4, 2021
The course consists of:
- 2 Zoom guided discussions; 1:30 minutes each
- End-of-course exam
Students download the “Confined Space Guide for General Industry” from the link below. Read and study it; bring it to class.
Guided discussion learning objectives:
- Explain the hazards associated with confined spaces, and why entry into them must be controlled.
- Explain the definition of a confined space.
- Explain the definition of a Permit Required Confined Space (PRCS).
- Explain how to identify, list, and assess the hazards for all confine spaces under the employer’s control.
- Explain the required signage for all PRCSs.
- Explain the procedures if the employer decides to prevent employees from entering PRCSs.
- Explain the procedures if the employer decides to allow employees into PRCSs.
- Explain the responsibilities of the Entry Supervisor.
- Explain the responsibilities of the Entrant.
- Explain the responsibilities of the Attendant.
- Explain the responsibilities of the Rescue Team.
- Explain the use of the entry permit to assess all hazards and implement controls.
- Explain the use of the entry permit to document atmospheric testing and evaluation.
- Explain atmospheric hazards and the use of gas detectors.
- Explain the priority of gas testing in a hazardous atmosphere.
- Explain the atmospheric guidelines for safe entry.
- Explain the use of forced air ventilation.
- Explain oxygen deficient atmospheres.
- Explain the need for supplied air respirators.
- Explain the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) of airborne chemical contaminates and gases that act as asphyxiates.
- Explain the training requirements for Entry Supervisor, Entrant, Attendant, and Rescue Team.
- Explain the requirements for contractors to follow the employer’s Permit Required Confined Spaces (PRCSs) entry program.
- Explain the process for reclassifying PRCSs.
- Explain the audit and recordkeeping requirements for PRCSs.
- Explain the steps required to set up a PRCS program in accordance with (IAW) 8 CCR GISO 5156 and 5157.
- Explain the steps required to set up a PRCS program IAW 8 CCR GISO 5158.
- Take a virtual tour of these jobsites having confined space entry exposures:
- Sewer Entry Waste Water Division
- Waste Water Valve Vault
- Water Treatment Vault
- Water Valve Vault Under Street
- Communications Vault #1
- Communications Vault #2
- Discuss the hazards present and what controls are required to enter and work safely in the confined spaces.
End-of-Course Exam: (optional)
- The end-of-course exam measures the students’ knowledge of the course learning objectives.
- The exam consists of 20 true/false questions.
Students who pass the exam with a score of 80% or higher will receive a certificate of completion.
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.