Safety Management Certification Training: Learning How to Use the General Industry Safety Orders (GISOs)
Join Juan Cajandig, PRISM Senior Risk Control Specialist, CSP, CFPS, MAS, ARM for Learning How to Use the General Industry Safety Orders (GISOs)
Zoom sign on Credentials will be sent following registration.
The course consists of:
- 1 Zoom guided discussion; 1:30 minutes
Download the “GISO Book” from the Handout File and bring it to class. You will need it to learn how to use the GISOs.
- The homework assignment must be completed and turned in to the instructor.
- The homework assignment must meet the standards outlined in the course learning objectives.
- The homework assignment must be evaluated and accepted by the instructor before students are eligible to take the end-of-course exam.
- Students must achieve a passing score of 80% or higher on the end-of-course exam.
- Students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate of completion.
- Students who successfully complete all 5 SCMT courses are eligible to take the final Certification Exam. The Certification Exam is a comprehensive exam that measures the students’ knowledge of the learning objectives from all five courses.
Who can attend?
- Employees who are interested in becoming a safety professional
- Department Heads
- Senior Management
- County CEOs and City Managers
- Risk Managers
- Safety Officers
Guided discussion learning objectives:
- Identify workplace hazards.
- Recognize and identify the Title 8 Regulations applicable to workplace hazards
- Demonstrate proficiency when using the table of contents, groups, and articles in the Title 8 Regulations to find the applicable safety orders
- Apply the GISO to the identified hazard.
- Abate the hazard and ensure compliance.
- The knowledge and skills learned from this course are essential to the student when completing the Safety and the Supervisor homework assignment.
Safety and the Supervisor Homework Assignment:
- Review your IIPP’s requirements for periodic workplace inspections.
- Conduct a safety inspection of your workplace.
- Identify at least 10 different hazards.
- Write a report to your supervisor.
- List your observations and make recommendations to abate the hazards.
- List references from 8 CCR General Industry Safety Orders (GISOs), Construction Safety Orders (CSOs), or Electrical Safety Orders (ESOs) as applicable.
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.