Date Posted: 9/22/2021
Employer: PRISM - Public Risk Innovations, Solutions and Management
Salary Range: $3,316-$3,813
Contact: Allison Bateman
Website: Open until filled
Closing Date: 10/20/2021
About the Position
The Receptionist will, under the general supervision of the Office Manager, perform reception duties, support functions and general office assistance including, but not limited to:
• Answer incoming telephone calls; determine purpose of calls, and forward calls to appropriate staff.
• Greet and assist visitors and general public;
• Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail;
• Record bank deposits;
• Scan and assign all remote workers mail;
• Operate and maintain standard office equipment;
• Book all meeting room requests;
• Post, copy and bind meeting agendas in accordance with the Brown Act;
• Order, stock and maintain inventory on office and kitchen supplies;
• Maintain reception area and all common areas in a clean and safe manner at all times;
• Order all PRISM stationary, including business cards and letterhead;
• Train all new employees on proper usage of the phone and voicemail system.\
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. and two years of increasingly responsible receptionist experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, including but not limited to:
• Advanced computer application skills especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
• Ability to learn new systems and technology quickly and efficiently.
• Excellent communication (verbal and listening) on the phone and in person.
• Ability to multi-task and change directives quickly without guidance.
• Operating and maintaining office equipment including telephones, copiers, postage meters and binding machines.
• Provide minor accounting/bookkeeping assistance.
• Maintaining effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors and members.
The hiring salary range for this position is $3,316 – $3,813 per month depending on experience. A generous benefit package is provided including Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with coverage options including health, dental and vision; long-term disability and short-term disability insurance; life insurance; optional deferred compensation program; and sick and vacation leaves. As a PERS participant, PRISM employees are exempt from paying Social Security except for the Medicare portion of the cost. When you combine the salary and benefits, the total compensation package is estimated at $63,000 - $68,000 per year.
Physical requirements of this position typically include: sitting for long periods of time, reaching, grasping, kneeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move.
Possession of a valid State of California Driver’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, or the ability to obtain one within the first month of employment. Proof of auto insurance with no exclusion for business use is required.