According to the Red Cross, May is recognized as National Wildfire Awareness Month. Have you thought about how your agency will participate and take steps to prepare? Here are a few suggestions from PRISM Risk Control:
- Check out the PRISM Wildfire Resources
- Inspect agency facilities for 100 feet of defensible space
- Train your outdoor workers on wildfire smoke awareness – course available on the Vector Solutions platform
- Ensure you have filtering facepiece respirators (for example N95s) should the air quality index reach a level that requires respirators be provided for outdoor workers
- Encourage employees to take steps to prepare at home – public employees are often called to serve as disaster service workers in the event of an emergency
For more information on any of these resources, please contact PRISM Risk Control.