Did You Know…You May be Required to Participate in the EPN Program?
As per California Vehicle Code (CVC) Section 1808.1, employers must enroll any driver employed for the operation of any vehicle in a pull-notice system, if the driver is required to have any of the following:
- Class A license
- Class B license
- Class C with Hazardous Materials Endorsement
- Class C with Special Certificates, issued pursuant to CVC Section 12517, 12519, 12520, 12523, 12523.5, 12527 or 12814.7
- Any driver of a passenger vehicle having a seating capacity of not more than 10 persons, including the driver, operated for compensation by a charter–party carrier of passengers
- Passenger stage corporation with a certificate of public convenience and necessity or permit issued by PUC
- “F” Firefighter Endorsement
California Highway Patrol (CHP) may verify employer’s compliance with CVC Section 1808.1 during the Basic Inspection of Terminals (BIT) Program.
The EIA has partnered with A-Check Global to deliver a free Employer Pull Notice (EPN) Program for members. A-Check Global provides an electronic platform that allows employers to monitor employee driving records on demand and provides automatic e-mail notification when a reportable event occurs.
For additional information about this program contact the Loss Prevention Department.